by Michelle L. Dauberman
I don’t know about you but I love a good carb. Especially those that come in the form of warm breads and sweet potatoes. So what would you say to me if I told you that you could combine the two into a tasty flat bread and that you make some at home. Yum, right. So here’s the skinny.
To make sweet potato flatbread you will need:
2 Tbsp of oil
1 c of all-purpose flour + ¼ cup of flour for rolling out the flatbreads
1 c of mashed sweet potato
½ tsp of salt
Making this flat bread is just as simple as the ingredients:
1. Cook/boil 1 c of sweet potatoes.
2. Mix 1 c of flour, 1 c of mashed sweet potato and ½ tsp of salt. Knead until it forms a smooth dough. Your dough may be a bit sticky so dust it with a little flower as needed.
3. Dust a flat surface with flower.
4. Place the dough on your flat surface and divide it into 6 equal pieces.
5. Roll out each piece into a thin circle.
6. Heat 1 tsp of oil, at medium heat, in a pan.
7. Cook/heat the first side until golden brown and flip to cook/heat the second side.
8. Serve warm and enjoy!
For more information on how to grow sweet potatoes in your home garden visit this PSU extension page: http://extension.psu.edu/plants/gardening/news/2016/buy-sweet-potatoes-now-to-grow-your-own-in-the-spring